Sulfur plugs are common. Improper ear care, misunderstanding of the structure of your body lead to their formation and progression. For a better fight against this ailment, you need to understand its specifics.
The formation of sulfur plugs is mainly the result of improper care of your ears. Cotton buds can be considered the culprits of the formation of traffic jams. Most families have them. Many are accustomed to using them to clean their ears. Meanwhile, experts say that these products are only suitable for aesthetic cleansing. They can be used to remove wax from the surface of the ears or excess moisture from the canal.
If you stick the stick deep into your ears, then the sulfur is likely to tamp down, become denser, blocking the passage to the eardrums. In addition, careless handling of cotton swabs can damage the auditory organ, permanently rendering a person deaf.
Symptoms of sulfur plugs
If you hear worse, this does not mean at all that you need to rinse your ears from sulfur plugs at home. Hearing impairment is one of the symptoms. In addition to it, there are other signs:
- feeling of congestion;
- noise in ears;
- periodic dizziness;
- ear pain.
To find out for sure if you have a sulfur plug, see a specialist. The doctor will be able to give the most accurate answer and appropriate recommendations.
How to clean your ears from traffic jams at home
The best way to clear your ears of wax plugs is to rinse your ears. However, this procedure is dangerous. Failure to do so can damage important organs. Ear washing is carried out in several stages:
- Place a small piece of cotton wool in your ear to soften the wax.
- Draw warm water into an enema or syringe without a needle.
- Stand over a sink and inject the fluid into your ear canal with gentle pressure.
- Dry your ear with a towel, cotton swab, or hair dryer. The latter must be directed with a warm stream not into the ear canal, but next to it.
If this procedure did not help you, repeat it. If there is still no result, try other methods:
- instill 5 drops of hydrogen peroxide diluted with vegetable oil for 5-6 days. The temperature of the solution should not be higher than 37 ° C;
- 2 times a day, instill 2-3 drops of freshly squeezed onion juice. Before starting the procedure, make sure there are no wounds or cuts in your ears.