Migraine is a problem of a million causes. Headaches constantly remind us of ourselves, but what is the trigger for the so-called migraine?
There are really a lot of reasons: fatigue, lack of sleep, excessive sleep time, increased reaction to flickering of TVs and computer monitors, physical overload and insufficient physical activity, sensitivity to the effects of alcohol and nicotine, bouts of anger and rage, fluctuations in atmospheric pressure, the presence of chronic diseases, giving this kind of complications and much more.
Migraine is a multifaceted and very “slippery disease”. Of course, if you constantly suffer from migraines, then you just need to see a doctor for examinations, identifying the causes and finding out the most effective and safe means of getting rid of this problem, combined with your lifestyle and the drugs that you may be taking. The main thing to remember is that the best migraine treatment is individual!
Classical medicine offers the following ways to treat migraines:
- Isolation will help ease the attack - a dark, quiet room and rest will do.
- Drink plenty of fluids and a cold compress on the head.
- Drugs that reduce the incidence of seizures: beta-blockers, calcium channel blockers, antihypertensive drugs, anticonvulsants, inhibitors of selective absorption of orhotonin, antihistamines.
- Drugs that prevent the cessation of the development of the disease or help get rid of it: ergot alkaloids, isomeptene, triptans.
Traditional medicine also has remedies that can be used to treat migraines:
- Drinking caffeine in the form of strong coffee or green or black tea 2-3 times a day.
- Dogwood broth.
- Head massage (direction from the forehead to the back of the head).
- Exhale a mixture of camphor and ammonia (1: 1).
- Drink a glass of whey or buttermilk on an empty stomach.
- Decoction of flowers of meadow clover, heart-shaped linden, chamomile, valerian officinalis, lemon balm.
- Drink potato juice regularly (¼ cup 2 times a day).
- Take the juice of viburnum, black currant.
- Take baths with valerian decoction.
- Infusion of dill seeds (1 tsp for 1 glass of boiling water, leave for 2 hours, drink during the day) and so on.