The healing properties of garlic have been known since antiquity. Even in ancient Rome, garlic was included in the diet of commoners. The Romans rightly believed that eating garlic promotes endurance and reduces the risk of morbidity. A strong garlic smell was considered a big drawback of the product, so the aristocracy neglected it.
Garlic tincture, as well as various types of nutritional supplements based on natural products, have been prepared at home for a long time. Garlic was insisted on vodka, on alcohol, apple cider vinegar was added, ground with nuts, lemon into gruel, which could be stored all winter in an ordinary glass jar under a lid in the refrigerator. Today pharmacists offer several types of garlic extracts and tinctures prepared according to a modern recipe.
Modern pharmacology offers a number of preparations based on garlic extract in the form of tablets, capsules, liquid, syrup, gel, garlic oil and dry powder. Unlike a natural product, they do not have an unpleasant odor, and their beneficial properties are preserved and enhanced. The most popular substitute for the plant is garlic tincture.
Structure. Substitutes. Release form, prices
Garlic tincture (Avenae sativae tinctura) is available in dark bottles (liquid), capsules (gel). The garlic plant is used as a basis, and an extract of sown garlic bulbs is prepared from it. Depending on the formulation, the drug may additionally include alcohol, water, vinegar, honey, ginger (for example, in syrup).
Garlic tincture is a storehouse of vitamins, enzymes and other useful active substances. Garlic is rich in organic acids, vitamins (especially C, D, PP, B), and also contains micro- and macroelements in excess - magnesium, selenium, zinc, potassium, manganese, etc.
Ajonop, Garlic extract is used as a substitute for the drug. However, the appointment of substitutes must be agreed with the attending physician.
Prices in pharmacies fluctuate depending on the form of drug release, manufacturer, supplier and method of sale. Tinctures are produced in different ways: the Tibetan garlic recipe will differ in price from domestic preparations. In online pharmacies, prices may be lower, but it is safer to buy medicines in a hospital pharmacy.
The beneficial effects on the body of garlic (garlic tincture, in particular) are manifold. The bactericidal, antiviral and fungicidal effects are especially pronounced. In particular, garlic (and, accordingly, tincture):
- inhibits the growth of harmful bacteria;
- effectively suppresses pathogens of various intestinal infections, Escherichia coli, typhus pathogens, dysentery, pathogenic enterococci, staphylococci, streptococci, etc.;
- prevents the growth of pathogenic fungi;
- has a depressing and expelling effect on helminths and other protozoa;
- saturates the body with a number of vitamins, especially C, D, PP, B;
- acts as a sokogonny, expectorant;
- stimulates the heart, has a cardiotonic, coronary dilating effect;
- increases the tone and contractility of the intestines, has a beneficial effect on digestion;
- gives a tangible choleretic effect;
- normalizes the concentration of lipids, lowers the level of sugar, cholesterol in the blood, etc.;
- stabilizes metabolism;
- when applied externally, it gives a persistent antihistamine effect; promotes depigmentation, prevents itching, has an analgesic, antibacterial effect on inflammation of the skin during trauma and inflammatory processes;
- stimulates the strengthening of hair follicles, promotes hair growth.
Garlic tincture (liquid) is prescribed for various disorders of the body's functions. He is appointed:
- with inflammatory processes of the upper respiratory tract, bronchitis, tracheitis, pulmonary pneumonia of various types, rhinitis, tonsillitis, sinusitis, sinusitis;
- with vitamin deficiency and dysfunctions of microflora;
- with obesity and diabetes mellitus;
- with arterial hypertension, hypertension, atherosclerosis and other disorders of the cardiovascular system, especially in the elderly;
- to improve and activate the processes of hematopoiesis;
- with open wounds, suppuration, inflammation and other skin lesions, dermatitis, pyoderma;
- with hair loss, brittle nails, etc.;
- with chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, dysbiosis, atonic constipation;
- with ascariasis, enterobiasis and other diseases caused by parasites.
The drug is effective in such a complex disease as hyperlipidemia, the cause of which is a sharp increase in the level of lipids and lipoproteins (in particular, cholesterol) in the blood. This imbalance leads to the formation of cholesterol plaques and vascular atherosclerosis. This imbalance is especially detrimental to the female body during menopause. Garlic tincture has a balancing effect, prevents the development of atherosclerosis. It is used as one of the elements in complex treatment.
- The drug can cause an individual allergic reaction, gastralgia and dyspepsia. These side effects are rare. But if they occur, it is better to stop taking the drug and find a substitute, after consulting with your doctor.
- The human body can change odor - especially for skin and breath.
- In case of an overdose, tachycardia, pain in the heart are possible. In this case, the doses must be reduced.
- When applied to the skin, a burning sensation, mild rash, flushing may occur. These phenomena usually go away quickly without having a negative effect on the body.
- Hypersensitivity to the drug, allergic reactions;
- Kidney disease - acute and chronic;
- The drug is contraindicated in children, pregnant and lactating women;
- Some diseases of the biliary tract;
- An ulcer of the stomach or duodenum in a state of exacerbation.
Method of application, dosage, storage
Tincture of garlic is prescribed internally, but is sometimes used as an external bactericidal and analgesic agent.
Dosage - 0.5 teaspoon (or 1 capsule) 2-3 times a day. The course of treatment usually lasts from 3 to 4 weeks. Sometimes the doctor prescribes an individual dosage, the duration of the drug intake.
Garlic tincture syrup can be added to red wine to cleanse the blood and stimulate hematopoiesis.
Store the tincture in a cool dark place. The shelf life of the drug is no longer than 12 months from the date of release.