How To Recognize Mushroom Poisoning

How To Recognize Mushroom Poisoning
How To Recognize Mushroom Poisoning

Video: How To Recognize Mushroom Poisoning

Video: How to identify the difference between an edible or poisonous mushroom 2022, December
Anonim

Poisonous mushrooms can cause serious harm not only to the stomach and intestines, but also to the kidneys, liver, central nervous system, etc. In case of mushroom poisoning, see a doctor as soon as possible. Attempts to cope with the problem on their own or wait until the poisoning passes by itself can be fatal.

How to recognize mushroom poisoning
How to recognize mushroom poisoning

Please note that you can get poisoned not only with poisonous, but also with some conditionally edible mushrooms, if you cook them incorrectly. That is why, at the very first symptoms of poisoning, it is necessary to call doctors at home, even if it seems to you that the mushrooms you have eaten are not at all dangerous. Such a precaution may well save lives, because at the initial stage it is not difficult to cope with poisoning, and serious consequences can be avoided.

As a rule, the first symptoms do not appear immediately after poisoning. Some mushrooms begin to negatively affect the body 3-4 hours after consumption, others - in a day or even more. One way or another, the symptoms are often the same regardless of what kind of mushrooms a person ate. First, there are acute abdominal pains, then nausea, vomiting, diarrhea appear. Poisoning is sometimes so severe that it leads to dehydration and even death. At best, after a quick first aid, the symptoms disappear and the person recovers.

Much more dangerous are situations when the symptoms listed above are in fact not the only results of poisoning. There are poisonous fungi with hepatonephrotoxic effects that cause liver damage. When poisoned with them, a person can get rid of vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain, but this will not stop the destructive effect of the poison on the body.

At first, it seems that the disease is receding, but after a few hours new symptoms appear: the skin and mucous membranes take on an unnatural yellowish tint, first a feeling of heaviness appears, and then severe pain in the right hypochondrium, the state of health sharply worsens. During a medical examination, in such cases, an enlarged liver is often diagnosed. If these symptoms appear, you need to see a doctor as soon as possible. Otherwise, at best, liver transplantation may be required, and at worst, the person will die.

Popular by topic