The drug Torasemide belongs to the "loop" diuretics with a pronounced diuretic effect. In small dosages, the drug is used in the complex therapy of arterial hypertension. At higher levels, the agent is used to reduce the clinical manifestations of renal and heart failure.
Composition and form of release
The medicine is presented in tablets with different contents of the active ingredient - torasemide in each: 2, 5, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 mg.
The drug has diuretic, saluretic, antihypertensive effects. The medicine increases urine output, helps to eliminate edema, actively removing excess fluid from the body.
The advantages of Torasemide are the possibility of a long course, long-term action. Moreover, the drug, in comparison with Furosemide, is less conducive to the development of hypokalemia.
Torasemide is advisable to use in the complex therapy of the following pathologies:
- essential hypertension - in a small dose of 2.5-5 mg;
- heart failure, accompanied by edema - a dosage of 5, 10, 20 mg is shown;
- renal failure - in severe cases, the presence of edema and hypertension, it is advisable to use high doses: 50, 100, 200 mg.
A course of treatment
The medicine is taken orally, the tablets are allowed to be divided, while avoiding excessive crushing or chewing. The maximum therapeutic result is achieved when the drug is taken in the morning with food. The dosage and treatment regimen is prescribed by the doctor, usually the pill is taken once a day.
In essential hypertension, it is advisable to start treatment with the minimum effective dose (2.5 mg). If the therapeutic result is absent or insufficient, the rate is increased, but not more than 5 mg / day.
In the presence of edema, Torasemide is indicated to be taken in a dosage of 5 mg / day with a gradual increase to 20 mg / day.
In chronic renal failure, the initial daily rate is 20 mg, a gradual increase is possible, with the maximum dosage being 200 mg / day.
With a long course of therapy, it is important to monitor blood counts (electrolytes, creatinine, uric acid, etc.).
The negative consequences of drug treatment include:
- pathology of the heart and blood vessels (heart attack, angina pectoris, arrhythmia, thrombosis, anemia and others);
- dyspepsia, stool disorders, increased liver function activity, pancreatitis;
- hypercreatininemia, urinary retention, an increase in the level of urea in the blood;
- tremor, dysfunction of hearing and vision;
- reactions of intolerance.
The use of the drug is prohibited when:
- intolerance to the constituents of the drug;
- glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome;
- renal dysfunction with anuria;
- violation of water and electrolyte balance;
- hepatic coma and precomatose state.
The medicine is not prescribed for children, pregnant and lactating women.
Analogues and price
Torasemide analogs include:
The price of the drug depends on the concentration of the active ingredient and the number of tablets in the package: the average cost of 60 tablets of 5 mg is 170 rubles, 60 tablets of 10 mg are 350 rubles.