Livodexa is a hepatoprotective drug intended for the prevention and treatment of liver and biliary tract diseases. The drug is well tolerated and rarely causes side effects. The drug is able to dissolve cholesterol stones, which is used in the treatment of gallstone disease.
Composition and form of release
Livodexa is presented in the form of tablets containing the active ingredient - ursodeoxycholic acid. The medicine is available in a dose of 150 mg and 300 mg in packs of 10, 50, 100 pieces. Manufacturer - India.
The drug has pronounced cholelitholytic, hypolipidemic, choleretic, hypocholesterolemic, immunomodulatory qualities.
The hepatoprotector stabilizes the membranes of liver cells, reduces the concentration of toxic acids and prevents the death caused by them, and reduces the absorption of cholesterol. Livodexa effectively dissolves small cholesterol stones in the gallbladder and prevents new ones from forming.
The drug is indicated for the treatment of a wide range of pathologies and conditions:
- chronic hepatitis caused by various reasons;
- biliary reflux gastritis and esophagitis;
- primary biliary cirrhosis without decompensation and sclerosing cholangitis;
- dissolution of cholesterol stones in the gallbladder;
- alcoholic damage to liver cells;
- non-alcoholic steatohepatitis;
- cystic fibrosis;
The course of therapy
It is permissible to divide the tablets in half, they are taken orally with a sufficient volume of liquid.
Instructions for use determine the average rate of Livodex for dissolving calculi -10 mg / kg / day, use at bedtime for 6-12 months.
In primary biliary cirrhosis, take the drug with food in a dosage of 10-15 mg / kg / day. from six months to several years.
With biliary reflux gastritis and esophagitis, the norm is -10 mg / kg / day, use once before bedtime from 2 weeks to six months.
For hepatitis, alcoholic liver damage, primary non-alcoholic steatohepatitis, take 10-15 mg / kg / day. in 2-3 doses.
With cystic fibrosis, sclerosing cholangitis, use up to 15 mg / kg / day. 2-3 reception for six months to several years.
With DVP, the norm of the drug is 10 mg / kg / day.
For children over 3 years old, the dosage is determined by the doctor at the rate of 10-20 mg / kg / day.
The negative effects of taking the drug include:
- stomach ache;
- calcification of calculi;
- increase in ALT and AST indicators.
Levodexa is prohibited from taking with:
- calculi with a significant calcium content (X-ray positive);
- acute inflammation of the biliary system, intestines;
- dysfunctions of the kidneys, pancreas;
- non-functioning gallbladder;
- dysfunctions, liver cirrhosis in the stage of decompensation;
- children under 3 years old;
- intolerance to the constituents of the remedy.
Price and analogues
The average cost of Levodexa is 400 rubles for a pack of 50 pieces, 800 rubles for a pack of 100 pieces.
It is better to check the availability of the medicine in several pharmacies, according to reviews, the tablets have disappeared from the retail network and are often not on sale. In this case, you can purchase a drug substitute.
- Ursoliv and others.