Glycodin is a combination drug used to treat coughs of various etiologies. The medicine has a low price and a quick therapeutic effect. Instructions for the use of Glycodin include a description of the drug and its analogues.
Composition and form of release
The drug Glycodin is presented in the form of a syrup, 5 ml of which contains:
- dextromethorphan hydrobromide - 10 mg;
- terpinhydrate - 10 mg;
- natural levomenthol - 3.75 mg.
The complex composition of the drug provides its therapeutic effect. In addition to the antitussive effect, the agent has mucolytic properties.
Dextromethorphan acts on the cough center in the medulla oblongata, reducing its excitability and suppressing the reflex.
Terpinghydrate alkalizes phlegm, decreasing its viscosity and increasing its volume. Its softening and protective effects on the inflamed mucous membrane of the bronchi and other respiratory tract are noted.
Levomenthol suppresses the cough reflex due to antispasmodic and sedative properties, reduces irritation of the respiratory tract.
The instructions for use of the drug indicate that you can buy it only with a doctor's prescription.
The drug Glycodin is prescribed for the treatment of:
- respiratory diseases of acute and chronic course, accompanied by cough;
- acute sinusitis, rhinitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, bronchitis (in combination therapy);
- cough of various etiologies, including productive cough at an early stage;
- cough syndrome in the postoperative period.
A course of treatment
The syrup is consumed orally, the dose is measured using a measuring spoon (5 ml).
Rate and mode of reception:
- in adults and children from 14 years old - 1 spoon up to 4 times a day;
- in children 1-3 years old - 1/4 spoon up to 3 times a day;
- in children 4-6 years old - 1/4 spoon up to 4 times a day;
- in children 7-14 years old - 1/2 spoon up to 4 times a day.
The average duration of therapy is 3-4 days. However, the doctor can extend the course of treatment up to 7 days, depending on the etiology, the severity of the cough.
Glycodin is not prescribed for:
- bronchial asthma;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- children under 1 year old;
- individual intolerance to the remedy.
Care should be taken when treating with medication in case of severe hepatic dysfunction.
The drug is usually well tolerated and rarely causes adverse effects.
In rare cases, development is possible:
- manifestations of allergies.
Overdose was noted in children under 10 years of age with a dose exceeding the norm by 20 times or more. In this case, CNS excitement, hyperactivity, dyspepsia, tachycardia are observed. When taking a high dose (100 times higher than the norm), a specific antidote Naloxone is indicated. Overdose is not life threatening. The drug should be kept out of the reach of children.
Analogues and price
The cost of the drug Glycodin is up to 150 rubles, it is possible to order the drug with delivery via the Internet.
Alex Plus is a syrup analogue in composition.
According to the provided therapeutic effect, glycodine substitutes include:
- Chest fee;
- Dr. IOM - vegetable pastilles;
- Neo Codion;
- Cough pills;