A wart is considered a common skin growth that causes physical and mental discomfort to the wearer. Many minimally invasive methods have been developed to get rid of warts: electrocoagulation, laser removal, liquid nitrogen, and so on. However, it is possible to independently cope with the neoplasm by using special medicines.
The pharmacy network offers a large selection of drugs that allow you to quickly get rid of the wart. The mechanism of action on a neoplasm is similar - damaging, necrotizing and melting its structure.
Topical preparations include:
- Verrukacid - cauterizes the wart and causes its necrosis. It is applied with an applicator pointwise to the neoplasm. Often, 1 application is enough to remove a wart, it is permissible to repeat the procedure up to 4 times with a break to dry the liquid.
- Solkoderm is a preparation containing oxalic, acetic, nitric, lactic acids. The drug causes necrosis of the wart, after its application, a wound forms, which soon becomes covered with a crust. You cannot remove the latter, it is important to wait until it disappears on its own. The drug is approved for use during pregnancy.
- Supercleaner is an inexpensive alkali-based preparation. It is effective, but if applied inaccurately, it can damage healthy skin. Ideal for removing warts on palms, fingers.
- Wartner Cryo (Cryopharma) is a remedy for home cryo-therapy. It is a refrigerant spray. Freezes the structure of the wart.
- Salicylic ointment is a common remedy for neoplasms. It requires careful use, it is applied only to the wart, excluding the surrounding tissues (they can be sealed with a plaster). Squeeze the ointment onto the bandage, which is fixed on the formation. Repeat the procedure 2 times a day until the defect disappears. If the wart is located on the hands, it is permissible to leave the ointment in the open air, without a bandage.
- Uroderm - the drug has a mild effect that melts the structure of education. It is applied to a tampon and fixed on the desired area with a plaster.
Among other pharmacy medicines for warts, there are:
- Castor oil - used to remove defects on the hands, treating them daily for 1 month.
- Iodine - cauterizes the wart.
- Vitamin A - has a long-term therapeutic effect. It is required to rub it into the affected area for six months.
To obtain the maximum therapeutic result and prevent the recurrence of warts, it is important to strengthen the immune system and prevent vitamin deficiency.