Body tension and poor sleep are very common problems. There are many ways to help normalize the general condition. Some of the most effective among them are massage and self-massage, breathing exercises, acupressure.
Fatigue after a busy and energetic day does not always make you fall asleep quickly and easily. Overstrain, a lot of thoughts and questions in your head, stress, chronic lack of sleep negatively affect your well-being, do not allow you to fully relax. When milk and honey have been drunk, dozens of soothing tracks have been listened to, and the tension in the body remains, sleep does not go in any way, it's time to resort to additional simple actions. They can be performed right in bed, and the results from the methods will not be long in coming.
Acupressure is a technique in which there is an active effect on the biological points of the body. Many problems can be solved with light vibrations, stroking, pressure and massage. The point effect works especially well in a situation where you need to quickly relax and bring the moment of falling asleep closer. It is better to massage while lying on the bed, comfortably placing your head on the pillow.
- To get rid of the evening excitement and relieve a little overexertion, you need to slowly massage the pads of the little fingers. Massage should be started with the left hand. Between the thumb and forefinger, you need to clamp the upper phalanx of the little finger. It is necessary to achieve a feeling of mild soreness. After massaging this area for one minute, circular movements are made counterclockwise.
- To sleep faster, you should warm up the palms of your hands by rubbing them together. Then “wash” your face with warm palms, moving from the chin to the forehead. Perform 20 of these movements. Then, with the middle finger of your left hand, find a slightly painful point between the eyebrows above the bridge of the nose. With circular pressing movements, massage the point counterclockwise 30 times. Then do this action with the middle finger of your right hand. For a noticeable result, you need to make three passes. Between them, it will be useful to massage the eyebrows with the pads of the fingers, moving from the bridge of the nose to the temples. Soreness in this area is a good and positive sign.
- To relieve tension in the face and jaw, lower the lower jaw, relax the tongue. Press the index and middle fingers to the painful points at the points of attachment of the lower jaw to the upper one. Press on these areas for 5 seconds. Repeat up to 10 times.
Strokes and additional massage
The following methods are no longer related to acupressure, but they are also quite effective.
- Press your right palm to your stomach in the solar plexus area. Measuredly, slowly and without pressure, start stroking around the stomach, moving counterclockwise. You need to make movements 20 times. Then repeat the actions with the left palm.
- Lying on your back, stretched out on the mattress and removing the pillow from under the head, press the fingers of both hands to the back of the neck. Start stroking and rubbing your neck with pressure, moving from bottom to top. Repeat until warmth or fever develops, not only in the neck, but throughout the body. This effect can be completed with a simple massage of the area where the skull is attached to the neck.
Breathing for relaxation
There are many breathing techniques. They really do give visible results when done regularly and correctly. It is breathing that can help get rid of physical discomfort, mental stress. Listening to the sound of his breathing, a person falls asleep faster.
- Lie on your back, spread your arms and legs, try to relax as much as possible at the moment.To get rid of the thoughts spinning in your head, you need to start counting in and out from 100 to 0. This technique can also be performed while sitting on your knees, placing your palms on your hips and closing your eyes.
- For relaxation and long-awaited sleep to come faster, it is recommended to get rid of "hysterical" breathing. Inhalation and exhalation should be carried out in the abdomen and not in the chest. You need to achieve calm, deep breathing, without effort and tension.