Insomnia can ruin your life great - we are late for important meetings, we make elementary mistakes in the simplest words, and the mood after a sleepless night is far from the best. What can we say about the harm to health that is caused by the lack of normal sleep …
Let's make a reservation right away that we are considering the problem of insomnia, which is not associated with serious diseases. If you cannot cope with insomnia for a long time without medication, you should consult a doctor and together with him look for the causes of sleep disturbances.
So, if you're having trouble falling asleep, try these simple activities:
1. Start adhering to your daily routine. Be especially strict about getting up and going to bed.
2. Create a bedtime "ritual". Actions that are repeated from day to day promote relaxation and effectively set the body up for a night's rest.
3. Leave the bed exclusively for sleeping - do not wallow in it with a book during the day, do not eat there, etc. By the way, if you can't fall asleep for a long time, get up, sit in a chair, wash yourself with cool water, drink a cup of milk, in general, do something simple to distract yourself from obsessive thoughts, allow yourself to relax. Remember, if you make a conscious effort to sleep, sleep will not come.
4. More physical activity during the day! Or maybe during the day you don’t get tired? Do not forget about the importance of walking in the fresh air, walk more.
5. Air out the bedroom before going to bed, as one of the causes of insomnia is too stuffy room.
remember that smartphones, tablets, computers do not belong in the bedroom. TV also does not contribute to quality relaxation and good sleep.
6. If you find it difficult to relax and thoughts of problems prevail exactly when you go to bed, try breathing exercises.