Allergic reactions on the skin in adults can appear on drugs, food, dust, cosmetics, chemicals of various nature. In case of manifestation of allergy symptoms, various drugs of hormonal and other origin are applicable.
The main symptoms of allergic reactions
The cutaneous manifestations correspond to the classic symptoms of inflammation. The skin turns red, swelling appears. The appearance of various elements of the skin rash is characteristic - blisters, vesicles, erosions, ulcers, peeling. Allergies can often be accompanied by itching and burning sensations, sneezing, watery eyes.
Topical dosage forms for the treatment of allergies
For the treatment of the affected area, drugs have been developed in the form of creams, ointments, gels. Ointments are distinguished by deep penetration into the layers of the skin, high fat content, and a direct effect on the allergic focus. The cream and gel are lighter, on a water-soluble basis, and are more easily absorbed into the skin.
When choosing an antiallergic ointment, the severity of the skin process should be taken into account. In the initial stages with mild symptoms, non-hormonal agents are suitable. If the manifestations are pronounced and even severe, hormonal ointments are shown, which have a number of side effects:
- acne-type rashes;
- discoloration of the application area;
- necrosis of tissues.
In general, ointments have a number of advantages:
- fast action;
- prevention of recurrence of allergies;
- effective reduction of itching.
When a bacterial infection is attached to existing lesions on the skin, combined antibiotic ointments are used. It is also possible to combine with keratolytics that soften the skin, helping to remove dead layers.
The basis of these drugs is glucocorticosteroids. These are substances that have not only antiallergic, but also anti-toxic, anti-inflammatory effect. The positive effect on skin allergy is to reduce the production of "mediators" (special compounds that enhance the body's response to the allergen), cells of the immune system, changes in the immune response in general.
Hormonal ointments include:
- Advantan. The active ingredient is methylprednisolone aceponate. It is applied once a day in a small layer, the course is not more than 12 days. Its cost varies from 450 to 700 rubles.
- Sinaflan. The active substance is fluocinolone acetonide. It is applied 2-4 times a day in a small layer, the course is 5-10 days. The cost is 20-80 rubles.
- Flucinar. The active ingredient is fluocinolone acetonide. You can use it 1-2 times a day, lightly rubbing into the skin, the course is no more than 7-14 days. The drug costs about 200-350 rubles.
- Locoid based on hydrocortisone. It is applied 1-3 times a day with massaging movements. You can buy it for 150-350 rubles.
- Elokom. The active substance is mometasone furoate. Apply once a day in a thin layer. Price - 60-850 rubles.
- Momat based on mometasone. Used once a day in a thin layer. You can buy it for 150-450 rubles.
- Belosalik. The active ingredient is betamethasone and salicylic acid. It is applied twice a day, the course is 3-4 weeks. Price –150-450 rubles.
- Beloderm based on betamethasone. It is applied twice a day in a thin layer, the course is not more than 4 weeks. The cost of the drug is about 150-250 rubles.
The use of these ointments without consulting a doctor is not encouraged. A specialist will help you choose the optimal mode of application and analyze contraindications. Especially do not apply ointments to the skin on your own.
They include several classes of substances with antihistamine, combined, regenerating action. Antihistamines include substances that are similar in action to glucocorticoids, but do not contain a hormonal component.The combined effect can be achieved by combining antibiotics, reparants or keratolytic substances.
Of non-hormonal ointments, it is worth highlighting:
- Elidel based on pimecrolimus. It is applied twice a day in a small layer, rubbing into the skin. Price range - 700-1000 rubles.
- Bepanten. The active substance is dexapanthenol. Rubbed into the skin 1-2 times a day. You can buy the drug for 300-600 rubles.
- Zinc ointment. The active ingredient is zinc oxide. It is applied 2-3 times a day, applying to the surface with a thin layer. Cost - 20-100 rubles.
- Salicylic ointment based on salicylic acid. Applications are made under a sterile bandage, which must be changed every other day. You can buy it for 20-50 rubles.
Medicine offers a wide range of drugs to combat the manifestations of skin allergies. But in each case, you need to remember about the contraindications of drugs and consult a doctor for help in diagnosing and correctly treating allergic reactions.