Psoriasis is a chronic inflammatory disease that affects the skin of a person. In order for his treatment to be effective, it is necessary to adhere to a certain diet, which must be approved by the doctor.
List of acid-forming foods
The most useful diet for psoriasis is one that involves the use of foods in the following ratio: 30% acid-forming and 70% alkali-forming.
Foods that promote acid formation should be eaten in less quantities. Such food combines the content of proteins, sugar, starch, fats and oils. Acid-forming foods include the following:
- beef, pork, lamb, poultry, fish;
- butter and vegetable oil;
- dried peas;
- all grains.
Keep in mind that it is best to consume some of these foods in one meal so they can be absorbed better.
List of alkali-forming products
This category includes the following food products:
- stewed and fresh fruits (with the exception of: plum, cranberry, blueberry, currant);
- vegetables (except rhubarb, legumes, pumpkin and Brussels sprouts);
- lecithin is added additionally to drinks and dishes;
- lemon juice - it must be mixed with water;
- vegetable and fruit juices.
All of these foods should form the basis of the diet of a person suffering from psoriasis. It is important to remember that bananas, apples and melons should not be consumed with any other food. Dairy products are not recommended to be eaten after citrus fruits or juices made from them. You can not introduce potatoes, eggplants, tomatoes and peppers into your diet. You should also remove smoked meats, spices, spicy foods, baked goods, including puff pastry, from it.
Meals made from products that are allowed for psoriasis should be taken 5-6 times a day. It is necessary to eat food in small portions to reduce excessive appetite and prevent hunger. It is better to arrange small snacks with low-calorie foods - turnips, apples, carrots, cabbage, and so on.
You also need to spend fasting days during the month. They can be carried out according to the following scheme:
- meat day: for breakfast and lunch, you will need 400 g of boiled beef and 100 grams of vegetable garnish, which should also be consumed for dinner. Between main meals, you should eat dried apricots and raisins, drink rose hips or unsweetened tea.
- milk day: 500 ml of kefir and 400 g of low-fat cottage cheese should be divided into 5 meals;
- vegetable day: 1.5 kg of stewed zucchini, carrots and cabbage should be divided into 5 servings. You can drink rose hips throughout the day.
Remember that diet alone will not work to cope with psoriasis. Talk to your doctor about the appropriate treatment for you.