With intestinal infections, poisoning and some diseases of the digestive tract, enterosorbents are often indispensable. One of the most effective drugs from this group is Polyphepan.
"Polyphepan": instructions for use
"Polyphepan" has a detoxifying, absorbing, antidiarrheal and regenerating effect. The indications for the use of the drug are:
- intoxication caused by infection (salmonellosis, hepatitis, dysentery, etc.);
- intoxication resulting from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (peptic ulcer, enterocolitis, pancreatitis, etc.);
- intestinal dysbiosis;
- acute and chronic diarrhea;
- food and drug allergies (Quincke's edema, neurodermatitis, bronchial asthma, etc.);
- hangover syndrome;
- kidney disease (renal failure, pyelonephritis, etc.);
- metabolic disease;
- purulent wounds and deep burns;
- postoperative complications of an inflammatory nature;
- prevention and treatment of obesity;
- gynecological diseases (bacterial vaginosis, cervicitis, colpitis, etc.);
- dental diseases (stomatitis, periodontitis, periodontitis, etc.).
For oral administration, "Polyphepan" is available in the form of granules and powder. They contain the same active substance, therefore they act equally quickly and efficiently. For local use, the drug is used in the form of a paste.
The dosage of "Polyphepan" depends on the patient's age. Adults and children over 8 years old are prescribed a tablespoon of the drug at one time, for children aged from one to 7 years - for dessert, for babies up to a year - for a tea. Before use, "Polyphepan" should be diluted in 100 ml of water. You need to drink the medicine 3 times a day. The duration of treatment depends on the severity of the disease and can range from three days to two weeks. If there is a need for longer therapy, you should take a week break, and then repeat the course.
Like other enterosorbents, "Polyphepan" should be drunk an hour and a half before meals and other medications.
Polyphepan paste is used topically, no more than 10 g at a time. In dentistry, it is applied in a thin layer to the inflamed area, in gynecology - it is distributed along the walls of the vagina. The course of treatment is 10-20 procedures.
Reviews about "Polyphepan"
As a rule, "Polyphepan" is well tolerated, as evidenced by numerous reviews of people who have used this remedy. The effect of treatment occurs within a few hours after taking the drug. The disadvantages of "Polyphepan" include its unpleasant taste and the likelihood of constipation with prolonged use of the drug.